The link to move in the page.

Nagasaki Works

Creating the Future of the Earth with Our Comprehensive Energy Technology

The Nagasaki Works was established in 1857 as Nagasaki Yotetsusho and since then has developed as a central facility for the manufacture of many kinds of machinery. The Works has played a key role as an industry leader in terms of both quality and quantity. The Works presently has an extensive track record in Japan and overseas in the production of thermal and geothermal power plants, and also strives to proactively develop new fields such as fuel cells and integrated coal gasification combined cycle power plants.

Area
625,374 square meters
International Certifications
ISO 9001 Quality Management System
ISO 14001 Environmental Management System

Main Products

Steam Turbines

Steam Turbines

Boilers

Boiler (Header)

Boiler Machinery

MRS Mill
Axial Fans with Variable Rotor Blades

Control Systems

Plant Control Systems

Fuel Cells

Fuel Cells

History

1857 At the request of the Tokugawa Shogunate Government, a group of Dutch engineers led by Hendrik Hardes started construction of Nagasaki Yotetsusho (predecessor of Nagasaki Shipyard & Machinery Works).
1860 The foundry was renamed Nagasaki Seitetsusho and the ironworks was opened in March 1861.
1908 Japan's first power generating turbine (output 500kW) was completed through a technical tie-up with England-based Parsons & Company and installed at the central power station of Mitsubishi Shipyard.
1911 The first boiler was completed following acquisition of boiler production rights from England-based Nesdrum Boiler Manufacturing Company.
1934 The works was renamed Nagasaki Shipyard & Machinery Works.
1963 Machinery Division production facilities modernization (assembly, machinery and boiler shops) was completed. Brazil-based CBC Industrias Pesadas S.A. was acquired by the three companies of the Mitsubishi Group (Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd., Mitsubishi Corporation and Mitsubishi Electric Corporation) and made into the South American boiler production site.
1971 Boiler-Tube and Pipe-Header Shops were completed in the Fukahori/Koyagi areas (Nagasaki City).
1981 Works established in the Fukahori area for the exclusive production of large coal-fired boilers.
1993 Electronics Shop completed. MHI Technical Services Corporation (MTS; currently MHPS Technical Services Corporation) established in the Philippines as an overseas design company.
2007 150th anniversary of works celebrated. Joint venture established with Larsen & Toubro Limited (L&T), a leading construction and heavy machinery company based in India.
2010 Joint venture with Larsen & Toubro Limited (L&T) starts local production of turbines and boilers.
2014 Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems, Ltd., a joint venture company formed by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and Hitachi, integrating thermal power generation systems and other related businesses, established. Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems' Nagasaki Works was formed as a result.

Address

Akunoura Area

Address 1-1, Akunoura-machi, Nagasaki City, Nagasaki, 850-8610, Japan
Phone +81-95-828-6003
Directions
By bus
Take a bus bound for Tategami, Kaminoshima or Nishidomari from in front of Nagasaki Station and get off at Iwasedo (about 20 minutes)
By taxi
About 45 minutes from Nagasaki Airport
About 10 minutes from Nagasaki Station

Koyagi Area

Address 180 Koyagi-machi, Nagasaki City, Nagasaki, 851-0393, Japan
Directions
By bus
Take a bus bound for Koyagihonmura from in front of Nagasaki Station and get off at Nagahama or Koyagiguchi (about 55 minutes).
By taxi
About 60 minutes from Nagasaki Airport
About 35 minutes from Nagasaki Station

Saiwaimachi Area

Address 12 Saiwai-machi 6-chome, Nagasaki City, Nagasaki, 850-0046, Japan
Directions
By bus
Take a bus bound for Tategami, Kaminoshima, Nishidomari or Fukuda from in front of Nagasaki Station and get off at Inasabashi. The Works is about 5 minutes' walk (about 10 minutes for entire trip)
By taxi
About 45 minutes from Nagasaki Airport
About 5 minutes from Nagasaki Station