Combustion Test Facility
Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems (MHPS) maintains world-class combustion test facilities, which it utilizes to achieve even more sophisticated combustion technologies that form the basis of boiler performance, including lower nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions, less unburnt fuel, and a reduced excess air ratio. We are particularly focused on enhancing the following two functions of our combustion test facilities to support cutting-edge technological development.
- Functions to accurately recreate in-flame combustion phenomena in actual boilers
- Functions to evaluate flow and combustion to a high level of accuracy through precision measurement instrumentation
In addition, our testing facilities support a wide range of fuels used in power plant boilers, such as the following.
- Bituminous coal, subbituminous coal, lignite and anthracite
- Solid and gaseous biomass fuels
- Oil-based fuels including residue oil, petroleum coke and crude oil
- Vacuum residue (VR) and solvent de-asphalting (SDA) pitch
We also enhance functions to evaluate the combustibility of cheap, low-grade fuels, reduce fuel costs, improve utilization and contribute to reduce environmental load.
Combustion Test Furnace, Photography of Actual Flames and Sample Results from Numerical Calculations
High-functionality Combustion Test Facility (Coordination Between Numerical Analysis and Combustion Testing)
- Combustion test results are fed back into the system to develop more sophisticated numerical analysis
- High-precision numerical analysis is used to improve the reliability of boiler performance evaluation
Main Feature of Combustion Testing Equipment
Developing low NOx and high-efficiency burners (for swirl combustion and opposing combustion)
- Coals (bituminous coal, subbituminous coal, lignite and anthracite)
- Oils (residue oil, vacuum residue (VR), solvent de-asphalting (SDA) pitch, oil coke, etc.)
- Biomass (solid, gaseous)
- 4t/h combustion test furnace: φ4.4m × 20m
- 0.5t/h combustion test furnace: φ2.2m × 10m
- Pulverized coal supply: 2t/h pulverizer, 52m3× 2 silos, high-temperature oil tank, etc.
Sophisticated Measurement Instrumentation for High-Reliability Design and High-Precision Numerical Analysis
|Combustion zone||Details of measurement advancements||Measurement Instrumentation|
|Reductive combustion zone||In-furnace distribution measurement
|Oxidized combustion zone||
Inquiries Regarding Boilers